
A fellow blogger over at KellysKornerblog.com is hosting a home tour called "Show us where you live Friday", and today the room of choice is your kitchen. Well, I live in the UK and we are renting a converted barn, so our house is a bit unconventional and I thought it would be fun to participate. :)

We might live in the UK, but we still LOVE our Razorbacks! Here is the staircase beside the doorway to the kitchen and then directly to the left is the dining room.

The dining room looking into the kitchen.

I know it looks like we're a couple of alcoholics, but I turned 40 last November and apparently everyone thinks you turn into a lush when you turn 40, so that explains the multiple bottles of wine. :) This is the first piece of furniture that was in our first brand new house we bought in Cabot in 1998 right after we got married! Obviously good ol' Wal-Mart doesn't make too shabby of a product since we still have it 11 years later! Man, I miss Wal-Mart!

This is the TINY fridge that we were provided and we bought the chest freezer so we had room to stock up! :) And the lovely radiator you see is the way we are provided heat. It takes a while to get accustomed to radiator heat when you move from Minot, North Dakota and are used to SERIOUSLY BLOWN HEAT! There is also a lack of cabinet space, thus all the supplies on top of the TINY fridge.

This the corner behind the door leading to the laundry room. This corner is usually hidden, but the laundry room is more messy right now, so for the purposes of this picture... I closed the door. :) The bar running across the room is left over from the original barn structure (or so I've been told).

This corner is behind the door that opens up to the dining room. I know it looks like a Christmas kitchen, but my kitchen colors were already Razorback red, so the green was just an added bonus......notice the hog on top of the cabinets?

Right below the paper towel holder if you notice the handle that looks like another cabinet....well, that's my dishwasher.

Here in the UK we have no garbage disposal and we only have one sink. The small sink in the middle is a vegetable washing sink..?
I have certainly enjoyed touring all the other kitchens featured on Kelly's blog! I hope you all have a blessed weekend!
Thanks for the tour!
ReplyDeleteSo fun and different! Reminds me of "House Hunters International"
ReplyDeleteWow~ all the way over in the UK!! Your kitchen is very cozy. I love the red accents. I currently live in Oregon but hope to move back to Berryville, Arkansas where my folks live someday soon. I love the Ozarks!! So are you trying to see as much of Europe as you can while you are there?? I would love to hear what you think of it there! My email address is on my blog. I also wanted to mention how cute your girls Easter outfits were and I could so see myself in your Easter outfit....Love it!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings~LillySue
P.S. Click the "LillySue" link at Kelly's and come visit my kitchen!
Hi sweetie, LOVE YOUR KITCHEN!!!! I found your blog through a friend and I hope it's ok if I follow you!!!!
ReplyDeleteTiffany
www.thepiferfamily.blogspot.com
I was so interested when you said you lived in the UK - and then I saw those HOGS and nearly fell over! ha! Love all the razorback stuff! ha! :-) What a neat house - thanks for sharing - it has really shook thing up to have a few international homes!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great kitchen! Thank you for opening up your home.
ReplyDelete-Ash-
A converted barn??? I love it!
ReplyDeleteMY Angie!!! I didn't even realize you had started your blog until I read your thoughtful comment on my Grandma post! I LOVE your blog and KNEW you would excel at it. It's so pretty! And I LOVE your house pictures! Isn't it awesome that when someone asks your girls, "What? Were you born in a barn?", they can say "No, but I currently reside in one." I'm adding you to my list asap!!
ReplyDelete