Wednesday, March 25, 2009

FABULOUS FRIDAY FUN

Last Friday both of the girls had field trips. Maci went to the skating rink on base and had a fantastic time. I was already scheduled to go with Logan to Norwich Castle, so I couldn't be with Maci, but my good friend Chrissy was there and she took a picture of my little darlin' for me. Thanks Chrissy! From what I understand, Maci did pretty good for her (probably) second time EVER to be on roller skates. :)

Logan, myself, and the rest of her class all boarded a bus to travel to Norwich Castle...about an hour north of here. There were a lot of interactive areas and we had a guided tour. We learned that this was once a very Grand (shiny) castle. After about 150 years.....long after the king stopped visiting....it was turned into a prison....which would explain a lot about the lack of grandeur we saw. :) In the picture below, all the children are watching and counting to see how long it takes a penny (when dropped from the top) to make it to the bottom of the well (which is now dry). FYI....it takes 6 seconds...it was funny to hear the guide count with her British accent...1 mississippi, 2 mississippi, 3 mississippi......

Here, Logan and her friend Tristan are working on building an arch, and then removing the supports to see where the strongest points are.....fun to experiment. :)


All in all we had a pretty good day. We did manage to survive the bus ride without Logan getting car sick since I remembered to give her Dramamine before we left. Praise the Lord! There should be more field trips during the month of May...I hear that Maci's class is going to the zoo...fun, fun!


2 comments:

  1. Great pictures from Norwich:) FYI~ when I asked Maci if I could take her picture, she said..."only if I can just stand still"!!!! Smart little lady!hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, she certainly didn't want a fall documented! You're right, she is pretty smart!

    ReplyDelete