Saturday, January 16, 2010

Amazing Grace, How Sweet the Sound......

I woke up Friday morning to check my Facebook and I found out that my childhood pastor had passed away at age 91. Bro. Edward Edmondson was pastor at Sunset Lane Baptist Church in Little Rock, AR and my Daddy was the associate pastor. Bro. Ed started every sermon with a poem and every Sunday while we were greeting each other and visitors, we sang Amazing Grace. This will always be my favorite hym. It was also Bro. Ed and my Daddy's favorite. I remember visitation on Tuesday nights, tent revivals and church camp...... the memories come flooding, along with the tears. Bro. Ed was a truly amazing man! He loved the Lord and anyone who met him knew it! I pray that when I'm gone the same can be said of me. I know that my Mom, Dad, and Bro. Ed are all singing Amazing Grace together with the angels and having a wonderful reunion! It is wonderful to know that they are with Jesus, but we sure do miss them on the earth! So here are some pictures that I found while traveling down memory lane this past week....enjoy!




This is a picture I found of Bro. Ed in the sanctuary of Sunset Lane after my kindergarten graduation ceremony..... more information at http://www.rollerfuneralhomes.com/



Me & my Daddy


Daddy and his girls




Moma and her girls


Me 4 years, Samantha 4 1/2 months





Anybody remember Lite Brite?

No comments:

Post a Comment