Tuesday, June 9, 2009

True Story Tuesday


Happy Tuesday everyone! I am trying something new this week. A new blog friend of mine (Tina at It May be a Crazy Life, but It Is Our Life) told me about a blog carnival hosted by Rachel over at Once Upon a Miracle. I thought it might be fun to share.

A funny thing happened on the way to our wedding (well, actually, it was BEFORE we even left).....

See the snazzy BLACK pants my hubby is wearing????

Let me start with a little background information....We got married in February in Eureka Springs, AR at 10:00 a.m. on a Saturday morning at the Miracle Mansion (appropriately named). We had about 30 people at our wedding and everyone drove up the night before and we all stayed at the Comfort Inn. About an hour before we were supposed to be married my sweetie called my room and politely asked if his suit pants were accidentally put with my dress.....What???? Surely you've got to be kidding I say. Well, no he wasn't! For those of you not from AR, February is not a big booming tourist season for Eureka Springs, so we had no idea where we were going to get him appropriate pants to wear..(I did tell him I didn't care if he was in his underwear~he better be there....I did wait 7 years afterall!) =) My husband is 6'5" and his Dad was the only one we thought might have pants to fit, but alas all he had was his Air Force uniform...what to do? Well, we had a guest that is probably about 5'10" and guess what? Those were HIS black pants! Thank you ever so much Mike!

I hope you enjoyed my story. If you are so inclined, head on over and check out all the stories...I promise most of them are better than mine. :)

5 comments:

  1. Great story.....what a wonderful memory to hav to tell the girls one day.

    I agree if he couldn't find any pants...underwear would do! LOL

    So glad you joined in....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute memory! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun memory to share! That is funny. I am sure I would have freaked out if my future hubby didn't have his pants, but what are ya gonna do!?! Cute fam! (blogged over from Once upon a Miracle!) This is my first week doing this meme too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is soooooo funny... wish the pic was a little lower so we could see how high water they really are...

    and I'm poking my minds eye out right now thinking about a wedding pic in boxers ROFL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally cracking up here... that is hilarious! It's funny how we have these memories of things that happen on our "perfect" day, yet they just end up being a funny story later rather than detracting from the good stuff!

    (We had banana splits at our wedding reception if that says anything about us, LOL).

    You were a beautiful bride!

    Thanks for sharing - it was a great chuckle!

    ReplyDelete