Friday, April 23, 2010

Show us your Life~How I met your Father

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

So I thought I'd join in on the fun over at Kellys Korner this week.  She is hosting a blog carnival and everyone is sharing how they met their husbands...........It's always fun to share how your met your Sweetie!

This is where it all began.....Cajuns Wharf in Little Rock, Arkansas.  Cajuns is a resturaunt/bar on the river and it is a very popular hangout.  He was a valet and  I had just become friends with a girl that he went to high school with and she wanted to go see his roommate who also worked at Cajuns.
We started dating in March of 1991, and here we are! After we visited with them at the resturaunt, they asked us to come on a camping trip with all the people that worked there the next night, and the rest (as they say) is history. 
Here we are in 1995 at Busch Stadium to see  the Cardinals.
Here we are in 1997 at Cajuns again.  We both had day jobs and chose to work part time at Cajuns.  He was a manager and  I was the "hostess with the mostess"...lol!  In 1997 we went to Hot Springs to eat at the Hamilton House, and that's where he got down on one knee and proposed.  The resturaunt is now closed and it's a B&B.  Maybe we can go back and visit one day....and maybe go to Oaklawn! Man I miss Arkansas (......squirrel)!
And here we are 7 years after we met on February 7th, 1998.  We were married at Mircacle Mansion in Eureka Springs, Arkansas.


After the ceremony we drove back to Little Rock and caught a plane to Vegas!  And we are even more in love now than we were in 1998.  He is the most awesome husband and daddy!  In 2002 we decided to join the Air Force and have been away from home ever since, so that is why I miss Arkansas (FYI). 

You should head on over the Kellys Korner and check out all the neat stories.  I am totally going to be busy all weekend reading her blog!

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

1 comment:

  1. Angie...

    What a sweet story...

    I love your new blog look....hope you guys are doing good, I'm sure you have been busy witht he girls...they are growing up so fast...

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete