We were driving home from school today and Logan was oohing and aahing over some pre-schoolers crossing the street. I told her she would make a good Mommy some day. She informed me that I would cry if she had kids. I asked her why and she said that I would be sad when she grew up. Of course I will be sad, but you will grow up anyway. She said that she wants to be a school teacher and have a builder make her own school house with one room (I'm suspecting this has something to do with watching Little House on the Prairie), and she wanted to know if I thought that would be too old fashioned. I told her of course not and she told me that I could be her sub! lol!
A little bit later she told me that she wasn't going to be married and that she would be living with us FOREVER! I told her that she would meet a boy and her mind would change when she was about 30 (or older). She said that she would talk to boys THEN but that he better not propose. Again I asked her why and she said that she couldn't hurt his feelings, but she didn't want to get married. Then she asked about when Dale proposed to me, so I told her that story ( I'll save that for another time). So then she said that we better get used to her, because she was never going to leave us and IF she did get married she didn't care how mad her husband got....they were going to live with us! And she wanted me to tell Dale that she would always be his little girl.
This was all talked about in about a 7 minute drive home from school. I guess she was doing a lot of thinking today. I'm not ready for her to grow-up yet!
I still have to work on my Maci's B-day post....even though her birthday was Monday! This full-time kindergarten is keeping me hopping! Y'all have a great Friday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment